Right on schedule, the TiVo Premiere Fall Update has started rolling out. Beyond a raft of bug fixes, some of the more notable features, as documented by TiVo VP Margret Schmidt:
- “What to Watch Now” available from TiVo Central
- Press the C button in the Guide to filter by genre
- Updated WishList screens in HD
- 4-tuner Premieres that feed TiVo Minis no longer need to “reserve” a tuner so the Minis can watch live TV
- TiVo Minis can now remotely manage the To Do List and Season Pass Manager of TiVo Premieres
- new (HTML5) YouTube app with DIAL support
Interestingly, What to Watch Now isn’t yet active… and probably requires TiVo flip a switch on their end, perhaps once most units have been upgraded. Possibly related, my very solid intel had YouTube, Netflix, and DIAL arriving this fall. Yet.. Netflix is absent from both the release notification and Margret’s summary (despite one user believing he did indeed receive it). At the very least, it’s now confirmed that the Premiere is capable of running the lighter weight and more sprightly HTML5 apps – as seen on Roamio. And we continue to anticipate a Netflix announcement in the near future, with Roamio’s mildly refreshed UI expected in the Spring of 2014.