Archives For TiVo
Now that the Vegas dust has settled, we’re finally caught up on the bloggable topics and have collated the bulk of our CES coverage in this handy bulleted list. Until next year!
Smart TV & Streaming
- LG Compromises webOS with Interactive Advertising
- MyWayTV Mates Roku Streaming Stick With Antenna
- Super Joey & Joey Apps To Extend DISH Hopper
- TV OS Wars: Welcome to the Front Line
- Roku TV Launching This Fall
- Tablo OTA DVR Now Available For Pre-Order
- The Evolution Of Vizio Internet Apps
- Alticast HDMI Stick Shown Running Cox UI and Android
- TiVo Android Streaming: “In The Coming Months”
- TiVo Coming To Roku?!
- Cisco Demos New “Proof-of-Concept” TV App
Post holiday sales, TiVo is testing the waters with some amazing offers for “Advisors” and rates that roughly line up with their existing reseller offers. I assume uptake will be strong amongst this market microcosm… and hopefully influences the broader TiVo Roamio pricing strategy. As we’re still awaiting the compelling upgrade promos previously alluded to by the company.
Last month, TiVo repurposed their iconic thumbs up/down buttons for an “Advisors” experiment — providing viewers a method to rate The Voice finalist performances. And the results are in, with over 40,000 recorded clicks correlating perfectly to show results:
|Contestant||Thumbs Up||Thumbs Down|
We hope this is something TiVo intends to flesh out, as it could be compelling on a number of levels – both in terms of offering more compelling interactive advertising (versus the gratuitous pause menu ads) and enhancing the appointment television experience for big events. Indeed, next up for TiVo is the Super Bowl:
Again, our thanks for your assistance. As some of you guessed, this was a test run for a larger experiment we’ll conduct related to a certain football game in February. We’ll send out the details in a few weeks.