Now that the Vegas dust has settled, we’re finally caught up on the bloggable topics and have collated the bulk of our CES coverage in this handy bulleted list. Until next year!
Smart TV & Streaming
- LG Compromises webOS with Interactive Advertising
- MyWayTV Mates Roku Streaming Stick With Antenna
- Super Joey & Joey Apps To Extend DISH Hopper
- TV OS Wars: Welcome to the Front Line
- Roku TV Launching This Fall
- Tablo OTA DVR Now Available For Pre-Order
- The Evolution Of Vizio Internet Apps
- Alticast HDMI Stick Shown Running Cox UI and Android
- TiVo Android Streaming: “In The Coming Months”
- TiVo Coming To Roku?!
- Cisco Demos New “Proof-of-Concept” TV App
As our homes acquire sentience, a few are attempting to traverse the technological silos… in an approachable way, suitable for civilians and geeks alike. While companies like Zonoff, Revolv, and Smarthings each strive to take home automation mainstream with somewhat differing technological and marketing approaches, they share a vendor- and network-neutral approach as they aim to provide an alternative to the security and telecom firms that are likewise pushing into this realm. And, as you might guess from the tweets and pics, I came away from CES quite enamored with Zonoff. Continue Reading…
Post holiday sales, TiVo is testing the waters with some amazing offers for “Advisors” and rates that roughly line up with their existing reseller offers. I assume uptake will be strong amongst this market microcosm… and hopefully influences the broader TiVo Roamio pricing strategy. As we’re still awaiting the compelling upgrade promos previously alluded to by the company.