As if we didn’t have enough smart home hub entrants, Peq appears poised to launched. Pronounced “peek”, we believe this newcomer is Best Buy’s answer to Lowe’s Iris and Staples Connect – a home automation solution we’ve been tracking since January. While sources originally indicated we’d see both a fee-free tier and subscription options, Peq marketing materials refer only to a monthly fee… which immediately puts it at a retail disadvantage compared to Staples, Wink, and SmartThings.
USE PĒQ FOR JUST $9.99 A MONTH. NO CONTRACT.
- Make your own custom rules to personalize your service
- Receive alerts via e-mail or text message
- Add additional devices anytime, no additional monthly fee
- Get ongoing updates to your apps and devices
- Stream live video and record & store videos and pictures
- Access pēq’s dedicated customer care team seven days a week
Unlike Revolv‘s extreme $299 hardware pricing, Peq has bundles starting at $120, that include a Netgear hub housing the requisite radios and likely local logic. And, taking a page from SmartThings book, Peq will offer up a variety of branded sensors… which is what a source indicates Best Buy is banking on. Continue Reading…