Long time readers may have noticed ZNF contributor and TiVo fan Davis Freeberg has gone silent. Well, I’m stoked to share that he’s been putting his free time to better use in launching a Bay Area startup… and unlike so many others, we’re not talking Web 2.0 and Ruby – Davis is taking on the real world with what I like to refer to as the Netflix of Arcade Games. No, not Xbox One or PS4, rather classic gaming cabinets (as you might have gathered from the photograph above). For $75/month, All You Can Arcade offers:
- Keep your games as long as you want or pick a different one each month.
- No delivery or pick up fees
- Unlimited gaming without breaking your piggy bank. All of our arcade games are set to free play.
- No late fees or long term commitments, cancel your membership at any time.
- Wide selection of adventure, racing, sports, shooters and RPG games to choose from.
While I have to admit I had some doubts early on, Davis seems to be having the adventure of the lifetime (although the shipping container in the backyard filled with game components, along with every room of the house, is a little out of control). And the coverage (AP, SF Chronicle) has been overwhelmingly positive. We wish Davis all the best and although we miss his TiVo and Netflix coverage, he’s resumed blogging… about arcade games, without the pen name, over at All You Can Arcade.